2011년 4월 14일 목요일

Virtual essay

I have chosen a photographer who is Robert Doisneau. He was born in France. He studied lithography, but soon turned to photography. He began to work as photographing just as modernist ideas were beginning to promote photograph as the prime medium for industrial and advertising photographer. During the world war and German occupation, he worked for the resistance forging documents. After the war, he began work for French Vogue, but his heart was in photojournalism, and the streets of Paris, to which he returned. He documented the French people. From then on, he photographed a vast array of people and events, often juxtaposing conformist and maverick elements in images marked by an exquisite sense of humor, by anti-establishment values, and, above all, by his deeply felt humanism. His h sought the surreal in everyday life; the amusing juxtaposition, the fable of human nature, all captured by an artist who was charmed by his subjects. He took pictures based on his instinct at the moment they occurred. 
K-29.jpg
 This photo is called The Kiss on the Sidewalk. The photograph of a man and woman kissing on a populated street in Paris has become his most famous works.  Not only does it represent love and romance, it also defines Paris as the city of love.  The photograph along with the article has become a symbol for those around the world. 
K-44.jpg
Personally I like this photograph which is called musician in the rain. I think when I see this photo, I can imagine that this musician is really like to play cello and his cello has big meaning from him. This photograph contains a story of the cello musician. Just one picture can tell us a long story. He liked nothing better than to walk the streets never knowing what sights he was to encounter.
K-43.jpg
This photograph is called Fox terrier on the Pont des Arts. I can see beautiful scene through this photo. Also, I can feel that they have spare time and live in comport. Robert Doisneau tried to take a photograph what he always headed for people’s life at that time. I can imagine Paris’s normal scenery at that time from this photo.
K-50.jpg
And these photographs are called Sunday morning in Arcueil
and Square du Vert-Galant.

I really like to feel truth and romantic from the black and white photographs which contain people’s everyday life. Generally black and white photographs appear lonely atmospheres. But when I relish Robert Doisneau’s black and white photos, there has many photos which made me warm-hearted. When I see his photographs, I can realize that he really loved people who were taken photos by him and he saw them kindly beyond his camera. I think that camera operation skill is really important to take the photos, but photographer’s mind to see what they will go to take the picture also really important.
Robert Doisneau Said "I've never examined why I make photos. In truth it's a hopeless struggle against the idea that one will die. It's something I'm more prepared for, because one shouldn't think that every action is temporary and momentary. I try obstinately to stop this time that is passing." These photographs show us Robert’s aspects of photograph. I really like to see his photographs which are can make me feel like traveling in France.


Refrences
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/168066/Robert-Doisneau
   htp://www.staleywise.com/.../doisneau/doisneau.htm


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기